ALEXANDRIA, MN (3TV/CBS 5) – Debbie Bunny is still trying to come to terms with a strange accident that happened while on vacation in Minnesota. A severe storm passed through the area, causing a tree to fall on the roof of their mobile home. She said it killed her husband instantly. Debbie and her husband Mark met in Globe, Arizona. They have been married for 43 years. They loved their hometown, but three years ago they decided to buy a mobile home in Alexandria, Minnesota, where Debbie has a family. In the summer they came there to escape the Arizona heat.

But this year, good memories turned into tragedy. What was a place of love, comfort and good memories is now shattered and destroyed. “Today was a tough day because I had to go to the funeral home and make arrangements and I had to say goodbye to Mark. He had some very traumatic injuries so they couldn’t show his whole body, but I could hold his hand,” Debbie said.

On Monday evening, Debbie and Mark were in their living room. A strong storm was raging in this area, and suddenly Debbie heard a loud roar. “I heard this loud bang. It was a loud, angry bang sound and things started falling and then the whole trailer and the whole roof came down and I really thought we were in a tornado,” Debbie said.

Debbie is stuck under the roof and wooden beams. She was looking for Mark, but she saw her worst nightmare. “I cried because I wanted Mark to wake up and be okay and be able to come and save me because he was always so strong,” Debbie said. “I looked at the couch and all I could see was his legs and I could tell he had passed away. I tried to get him to answer and he couldn’t. I couldn’t contact him. He was about 3 feet away from him. My foot got stuck under a big wooden beam.”

The tree toppled their house. “I screamed and called for help for about 20-30 minutes and finally help arrived,” Debbie said. Mark was the father of five children and had 10 grandchildren. Debbie describes him as a musical person. He enjoyed playing piano and guitar with his family. In addition, he coached all of his children’s sports teams, worked with the YMCA sports department, and was a leader in his church. “Now my partner is gone. He was the reason I stayed there,” Debbie said.

Debbie tells the Arizona family that this strange accident happened at a very strange time. Mark was recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. The doctors told him that he had only a few months to live. In her opinion, Debbie believes that this could be part of a larger plan. “Even though there is joy in my heart that Mark didn’t have to go through the painful cancerous journey that some have to go through and that he is now in heaven, I still felt sad to see these parts of our lives together and know what it meant. that he won’t be with me anymore,” Debbie said.

Debbie herself suffered several injuries. She is wearing a boot with crutches, but, thank God, it did not get worse. Despite the physical pain, she said the most difficult thing for her was to go home and sort through Mark’s things. The family holds a memorial service for Mark on July 9 at the Globe.

By them

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.